How to Enroll
Gesu School is an independent, Catholic school primarily serving the children of North Philadelphia. Our school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origins in the administration of its educational policies, its admission policies, or in any school administered programs.
Priority in admissions will be given to children of alumni and siblings of current students.
Priority in admissions will be given to moderate and low income families.
Gesu is committed to providing a quality education at an affordable price. Tuition for the 2018-19 school year is $8,500 per student. Gesu School provides generous financial aid with the minimum financial aid award being $6,100 per student. To be eligible for aid, all families must complete a financial aid application. The website is: https://smartaidforparents.com. Use School ID 12738.
Registration is typically in February for new students. Returning students receive preference and complete re-registration before we begin accepting new students. Acceptance letters will be mailed within three weeks of application. Upper grades are typically notified in April.
ALL forms must be completed in-house and fees paid before application will be considered.
To enroll your child at Gesu, or to request more information, please call our main office at 215-763-3660 to schedule an appointment.
Materials required at time of registration:
- Birth certificate (original)
- Social security card (original)
- Photo ID of parent/guardian
- Immunization records
- Physical exam form
- Dental form
- Proof of residency
- Baptism record (if applicable)
- Report cards for grades 1-8
- Registration fee of $150 (non-refundable) for new students; $75 (non-refundable) for returning students
Required forms to be completed in-house:
- Registration form
- Agreement for admission
- Textbook request form
- SMART tuition form
- Emergency form
- Health status form
- Tuition contract form
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Requirements:
- Pre-kindergarten children must be four years old by September 1.
- Kindergarten children must be five years old by September 1.
First Grade Admission Requirements:
- Students must be six years old by September 1 and have completed a Kindergarten program.