Gesu School is grateful for your interest in volunteering to make a difference in the lives of the children we serve.
Volunteers can help at Gesu in many ways, including:
- Tutoring one-on-one on a missed concept
- Working in a small group to reinforce a concept
- Reading with or to a small group
- Assisting with handwriting, either cursive or manuscript
- Running an after-school club in an area of your interest (ten-week commitment)
- Assisting with a special holiday project or science project
- Chaperoning a field trip
- Speaking to students about your career
- Administrative support
- Assisting with fundraising events such as our One Day Challenge and annual Gala
- Participating in our mentoring program for grades 6-8 (weekly or bi-weekly, Tuesdays 3:30pm- 5pm for a semester block of approximately 10 weeks)
Gesu also offers corporate volunteer opportunities including, but not limited to, helping with our Philly Spring Cleanup Day and our MLK Day of Service.
If you are interested in volunteering, Gesu requires the following:
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID 19
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers
- Completed 2.5 hour training “Protecting God’s Children.” Click to complete online, and select “Archdiocese Philadelphia.”
- Volunteer Interest Form
For any questions or more information, contact Kimberly Brennan, Senior Director of Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-763-9077.
Learn more about Gesu School's mission and values and the students we serve.